At a time of growing concern about the spread of disinformation and the collapse of the traditional business model for journalism news, meet journalists who are responding to the challenges with innovative and robust nonprofit news organizations. Join us as we meet and learn from five founders who executed on their vision to fill critical gaps in coverage and challenge traditional approaches to reporting.
Moderator: Jennifer Preston, Senior Fellow at the Shorenstein Center's Technology and Social Change Project
- Elizabeth Green, CEO & Co-founder of Chalkbeat
- Tina Rosenberg, Co-founder & VP of Innovation at the Solutions Journalism Network
- Charles Sennott, Founder & Editor-in-chief of The GroundTruth Project
- Akoto Ofori-Atta, Co-founder & Chief Audience Officer of Capital B
- Amanda Zamora, Co-founder & Publisher of The 19th