The São Paulo Declaration is the first time the global planetary health community has come together as one to outline what actions are necessary to achieve the Great Transition: a deep, rapid, structural shift in how we live that optimizes the health and well-being of all people and the planet.
More than 220 organizations from 45+ countries representing over 19 sectors across society have signed on in support!
This launch event, co-sponsored by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), will celebrate the Declaration's publication in The Lancet leading up to the COP15 biodiversity summit and COP26 climate change negotiations.
About the speakers:
- Achim Steiner (Administrator, United Nations Development Programme)
- Paul Polman (Influencer, business leader, campaigner, Co-Author of “Net Positive: how courageous companies thrive by giving more than they take”)
- Hindou Oumarou Ibrahim (President, Association for Indigenous Women and Peoples of Chad; Advisory Board Member, Planetary Health Alliance, and Senior Fellow, Conservation International)
- Dr. Donald Li (President, World Organization of Family Doctors - WONCA)
- Dr. Nicole de Paula, Founder and executive director of the Women Leaders for Planetary Health, co-founder and member of the Planetary Health Group Brazil
- And special guests!
Learn about organizations conducting planetary health work on-the-ground including:
- Fundación Rutas Naturbanas from Costa Rica
- Zenab for Women in Development from Sudan
- Vilas Beatriz, Ida e Jatai from Brazil
Please share this exciting opportunity with your networks via email and social media!
We hope to see you at the October launch!